12. May 2009 · Comments Off on Who Knew? · Categories: Links

Certainly not I!

Technically, the term “oboe” is a generic for any double-reed instrument (as opposed to the single reed clarinet or saxophone) – including the bassoon and English horn. In practice, however, the term is used to indicate the principal (treble) oboe, pitched in C.

Found here.

Comments closed.