I was asked to post this just now. Please note this is a community orchestra, thus the low pay scale. But I know some non-professionals read this blog, so maybe someone will be interested!
Bozeman Symphony Orchestra
Announces an Opening for the Following Position:
Audition Date: August 27, 2014
Audition Time: Specific times to be assigned after application deadline
Audition Location: TBA, Bozeman, MT
Application Deadline: July 15, 2014
Solo: Mozart: Oboe Concerto in C Major – Exposition
Prepared Orchestral Excerpts:
1. Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 – 3rd mvt., from the opening to letter B (bar 127)
2. Brahms: Violin Concerto in D Major – 2nd mvt., bar 3 through bar 32
3. Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 3 (Scottish) – 2nd mvt., pick up to letter A through 13 bars after letter C
4. Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin – 1st mvt., opening to rehearsal #2 and rehearsal #8 to #9
5. Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4 – 2nd mvt., opening through bar 21
*Links to repertoire can be found at: www.bozemansymphony.org/about/employment-opportunities/auditions/
To request an audition, please email a one-page resume including current address, email and phone information by July 15, 2014 to [email protected].
For additional information, please contact Emily Paris-Martin, Operations Manager at the Bozeman Symphony Office at (406) 585-9774.
N.B. The Principal Oboist will be paid a per service fee of $53. All applicants must agree to be available for all rehearsals for a given concert series. There is no mileage reimbursement for this position. To give you an idea of this season’s schedule, please visit: www.bozemansymphony.org/about/employment-opportunities/auditions/, as next season’s schedule is not yet available.