08. October 2006 · Comments Off on Say Goodbye To Cigarette Paper! · Categories: imported, Ramble

We oboe players often use cigarette paper to remove water from keys. I used to go to our local drug supply store to buy ungummed papers. It was a crummy place to have to visit—at least for someone who isn’t interested in doing drugs. But it was the nearest place, and the markup wasn’t as high as some of the double reed shops. For the past few years, though, I’ve not used that paper at all. I only remembered today that I’ve never blogged about what I do use.

End papers are the answer.

What are end papers? Go to your beauty supply shop and ask. They’ll fill you in, I’ll bet. End papers are used when permanents are given to women (and, I suppose, men). At least I think that’s what they are for. I don’t really care! They are sturdy. They work perfectly. And they come in boxes that may even last you a lifetime! Try ’em. Really.

Comments closed.