08. April 2008 · 1 comment · Categories: Ramble

So what can you tell me about nodes? And what if you have one on a vocal cord, but it hasn’t hardened (I think that’s what I was told?) yet. And what if one vocal cord is much larger than the other. And does acid reflux cause any of this?

And and and …

Not for me, of course. I don’t sing well enough to worry about that sort of thing. But what if you were told these things and were, perhaps, supposed to sing a role in an opera — say, The Consul — in the next few months?

What Would You Do? Do tell! 🙂

1 Comment

  1. First thing, I would find an ENT doc who specializes in singers. I would also find a vocal therapist, again with experience with singers. Then I would go on complete vocal rest. No talking, absolutely no whispering. Nothing.

    But the most important thing is to find people to help with this who are qualified and understand what it means to be a professional singer. Get recommendations from other singers, or opera companies.