Read online: “This is a one-of-a-kind horn that was originally an English Horn or Baritone I’ve been told.”

Who knows how long this will be up, but see the photos here.

This is the second time I’ve run into this error recently. I’ve often run into it the other-way-round; an English horn gets called a French horn. These ones caught be by surprise.


  1. That would be some kind of peckhorn. Gross to even confuse it with one of ours…

  2. Well, the English Horn is a French instrument and the French Horn is actually of German origin, so…..

  3. My father-in-law, who ran a music store and repair shop in Denver for 30 years, says its a Mellophone with the bell pointed for ‘sound forward’ marching band use.

  4. Ah-hah! Good to have the answer, Bob. Thanks!

    … but is it English or French!? 😉